Friday, April 21, 2006




Pop goes the weasel when the weasel goes pop. Anyway, do you know the guy on the left? I believe he won the Sea Otter Road Race 40+ cat 4 race but got no love from the promoters. Somehow they missed him crossing the line and somehow the timing chip on his ankle went haywire. Anyway, he's a stud. The schmo on the right is me. I jumped on the last lap hoping for a lead going into the final climb. I worked pretty well with a Webcor guy who was dangling off the front. Then this guy bridged up on a yellow Mavic bike. In my stupor, all I could think about is where did he get the neutral bike? Phil Liggett was in my head, "oh he's really done it now. He's managed to bridge up to the leaders on a borrowed bicycle. That has to be confusing for the two riders who have spent the better half of the day in the wind." And then Bob Roll chimes in, "that absolutely has to be a stab in the heart to the two leaders. Their courageous efforts are headed for the ditch and all they'll have to show for it later this evening are two aching legs and a dented and bruised ego."

Mr. Mavic on the neutral bike indeed dropped us prior to the final climb and solo'd in. I hung like crap to the Webcor guy who eventually left me like a wife who caught me in bed with my secretary. My, "hey wait" didn't even cause a hesitation in his pedal stroke. I lumbered up that hill getting passed by 16 riders in the last K. Ouch. Hats off to the man on the yellow bike.

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

LoL, sincerely... your reader

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home