Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Good news! I just checked the results of the expert race in Fontana (or thereabouts) and I would have finished fourth. This would have been my best finish to date at a Norba National. The beauty of this is that while I would have been finishing fourth, I was actually sitting on a beach in Maui with my kids enjoying the first in a long series of Coors Light 12 packs. I'll blog the details of that later. Through the miracle of a highly evolved process, I was able to come to the conclusion that I would have ended up squeaking onto the podium. Simply, I found a rider who raced both the Norba race and the Napa Valley Dirt Classic. We will call this rider Seth Ellis simply because that is his name. His time for the Norba race was ~9 minutes slower than his Napa Valley Dirt Classic loop. Viola! JohnnyGofast posts a 1:56 time at the Norba race. Slow, but good enough for fourth place. Oh, I can hear the naysayers now. "Johnny, that's hardly scientific." Well just to cut you off at the pass, I've got another bullet to fire. We will call him Brent Carkeet. His delta (impressive math term) is almost identical to Seth Ellis above which in turn is almost identical to my mythical delta as well. And boom goes the dynamite. I'm having a great year. Tomorrow, Johnny hits his nadir as he finds himself in a fog holding a Coors Light in one hand and a hotdog in the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home