Wednesday, September 13, 2006

GoFast issues statement regarding Griffociraptor claims
This report filed September 13th, 2006

Following news reports that former friend and confidant, Steve Griffociraptor admitted to the wearing of DayGlo splattered clothing early and often in his bike racing career, his former friend Johnny GoFast released the following statement charging the Blog York Times with efforts to impugn his reputation:

Today's article in the Blog York Times was a blatant attempt to associate me and implicate me with a former friend's admission that he wore incredibly ugly clothing during his career. The recycled suggestion that former friends wore this clothing with my consent or at my request is categorically false and distorted sensationalism. My cycling attire is untainted; I did not wear anything brightly colored nor did I ask anyone or condone anyone associated with me to wear anything brightly colored. I won wearing slightly drab to mundane colors.

Despite the fact that I am the most popular cat 4/5 rider in the Bay Area, despite my numerous citations by Vogue, People, US, National Enquirer, and Rough Boy magazines as the most best dressed cat 4/5 rider in the peloton, despite my nondescript demeanor, I attract attention and remain a frequent target for distortion and sensationalism. Mr. Griffociraptor is a prime example.

The allegations run today are not new and I've repeatedly defeated them in a court of law. The implication that DayGlo clad kits were commonly accepted by me is untrue. In a recent arbitration case in Alamo, Ca, I proved that I never wore DayGlo, asked or encouraged anyone to wear DayGlo. I have had over a lot of friends during my life; of those, only one has testified for the accusers and none of those involved any proof that I wore, or reqested others to wear, DayGlo splattered clothing. The friend mentioned by name in the article today, Steve Griffociraptor gave testimony under oath. The article implies that I asked or encouraged Griffociraptor to wear DayGlo. Griffociraptors sworn testimony, however, shows that is this is categorically untrue. At one point I did wear a splash of yellow, but it was faded.

Griffociraptor testimony:
Q: Did he (GoFast) indicate to you that he was going to wear DayGlo or consider using DayGlo?
G: No.
Q: Was there any discussion between you and Mr. GoFast regarding DayGlo or the wearing of DayGlo during that time period?
G: No.
Q: '94, '95 time period?
G: No.
Q: Did anyone on the team tell you that they knew Mr. GoFast was wearing DayGlo during that time period?
G: No.
Q: Did you ever have a discussion with Mr. GoFast about whether you should wear DayGlo?
G: Did I ever have a discussion with Johnny about whether or not I should wear DayGlo?
Q: That's the question, dumbshit.
G: No.

The article also quoted Griffociraptor's wife falsely asserting that Griffociraptor wore DayGlo for me. That never happened and is frankly absurd. Griffociraptor issued a statement after the article ran where he stated, "I wore the DayGlo to enhance my own look, nobody elses." The article attempts to describe Tulip Griffociraptor as testifing involutarily and under subpoena; the truth, however, is that:
  1. she voluntarily and without subpoena traveled to Alamo from Granite Bay to testify against me;
  2. she carried a note saying she hated me and that she thinks my breath stinks;
  3. she contacted Pat McLaughlin and his wife over 100 times in less than a year attempting to bring me down;
  4. she described the clothes shopping incident without emotion, then sobbed while re-telling the story less than an hour later, when testimony was being filmed. I mean seriously, trust me on this, she was really laying it on thick. I'm so sure, like what a phony; and
  5. was overheard yelling, "neener-neener-neener" out her car window when she passed me one day on the boulevard.

Now she attempts to bring me down by somehow attributing her husbands lack of fashion sense on me. It's just not true.

With success comes skeptics, detractors, and attacks of guilt by association, particularly in today's climate. I raced and dressed clean. I know it and have fought and proved it. I want the tens of other riders out there that struggle with underdevelopedquadriceptisitis and surviors with whom I've been an inspiration to know that I have not, nor have I ever worn DayGlo. My victories are untainted and that they, too, have reason to hope for a full, healthy and productive future.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

I'm still skeptical.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

APB: Looking for a rider on a stolen Gary Fisher. Rider is wearing garden gloves, thick grey champion sweatpants, running shoes with duct tape to attach his feet to the pedals, and goggles like Kirt Rambus used to wear on the Lakers. Rider is known to be dillusional and believes his "kit" give him a pro mountain biker look, like Iron-lung Ned.... circa 1983 (with dayglo accents).

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home