Wednesday, May 02, 2007


So back in the day, we used to get home from morning workout cold, hungry and tired. We either rowed or we would do what was called a land workout. This would consist of running, or calisthenics, or weights or all of the above. We'd get home around 8:30 or 9am and we'd get to work on breakfast. Griff loved to make pancakes and Peter would have cereal or something. If he was trying to cut weight he'd have a chew and a cup of coffee. Our other roommate would shower and head off to school like it mattered. He became a doctor, so maybe it did. Anyway, we used to sit down in front of the TV and watch The Price is Right. Peter would clamber for Mama's Family (a little factoid that he will deny to this day) but he'd get over ruled. I was probably the only serious player of the lot. Sometimes I would have to call into the kitchen to get Griffs bid. After loading our bellies up with the pancakes--Griff always would make me some, invariably we would fall asleep. Peter would grab the remote (not in a food coma due to the chew and coffee diet) and switch it over to his program. Later I'd awake and slink off to my bed to finish my nap off in style. Anyway, I heard about this guy on the radio the other day and it brought back fond memories for obvious reasons. Although I never remember a player of this caliber in all my years of viewing. This guy is...ahem...priceless.

Headed off to Fontucky tonight for a little business on Thursday and Friday in the Inland Empire. One, two, three....I E PRIDE!! Then on Saturday it's Norba #3. I'll try and post some from down there. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Priceless. In the treehouse with the forest behind the couch and crusteez blueberry 'cakes. Fond memories indeed.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If memory serves (whats left of it) it was the eight o'clock movie and not Mama's Family, infinity.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home