Wednesday, April 11, 2007


Did the House of Pain group ride on Saturday. The legs were toast after yet another hard week of training. With the HR in a high zone three territory, the perceived effort was race rate. I was dying out there to be sure. I've taken a little time off this week as a result and the legs are actually starting to feel human again.

So I get home and off the bike and the wife gives me the old, "chop-chop." I say, "chop-chop what?" She says, "the garden chop-chop. We had a deal. It's Easter weekend and the garden is going in today." Aye carumba! Loaded up the kiddiewinks in the car and down to the nursery for the plants then over to Home Depot for the chicken and cow poop. Back to the house and into the garden. Last year I spent about 40 man (read: me hours) hours in the backyard laying in the planter boxes. All that work led to an extremely easy go of it this year. The boy helped me turn the dirt in two of the three boxes and we tilled in the manure. After which, he helped Mama get one box planted with corn, beans and peppers while I planted the other with tomatoes, cucumbers and squash. The kids' box is still throwing off herbs and strawberries. We also planted some pumpkins. Prior to the tilling and planting, we harvested our winter crop of lettuce, beets, and carrots. The carrots were by far the best. This summer, hit me up, and I'll supply you with Mother Natures best. Hope you are well.

Johnny GrowFast

6 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that's pretty kickass.


we're having trouble just keeping the apple tree watered.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Crobanion Man said...

nothing better than home grown.
its still cold and snowing in Indiana.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks great. Nice work. What do you have in there beside tomatoes?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Holy shyte... T.H.R.A.S.H.

10:18 PM  
Blogger TRS said...

Great work! Here in Illinois we have spinach planted but we're worrying about the cold. Shit! On our list to plant are tomatoes, squash, potatoes and several kinds of wild flowers. Hope the kids don't trample the work.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Clare Carver said...

OH how I miss California growing season my plants are still inside : (

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home