Wednesday, September 27, 2006


Oh the joy of getting your eyes checked. There is probably a reason I only do this once a blue moon. That and when I’ve lost my glasses and I need some new ones, which is this episodes case. I’m also wandering down that road of getting contacts. Forever a phobia about screwing around with my eyeballs, I’ve always resisted. Little known secret but Johnny GoFast races blind. Well, not blind, but certainly blurry. I’m getting a bit tired of it, so I’m giving in. Anyway, those exams are a bit torturistic. All the gunk they poor into them and all the bright lights. This better than that, how about now, hmmm, read the bottom line for me, etc. And then you walk out of there and it seems like the world is imploding with light. I didn’t ride at lunch today as my eyes were still killing me. All of this set the GoFast household back $410 and I’m not even in the barn yet. Have to go back next week to get fitted/schooled on the contacts. In the end, I hope that the vision correction allows me some snappier decisions while blazing along on the bike and keeps me from saying funny things to my compatriots in the peloton. No more of that, “hey dude, did somebody slip off the front or are we all together” garbage. Ahh the joy of getting older. Suppose it could be worse, I could be knee deep in heart and meth problems.

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home