Thursday, October 05, 2006



Good times last night. Got to hang out with the folks that get to hang out with my kids during the day. Chatty bunch who seem to know what they're doing. The kids have been working hard, at least at baking. There were pumpkin muffins (hey...what is somebody from Tennessee's favorite holiday? Halloween as in Pump-Kin), zuchini bread, oatmeal cookies, etc. Jackson is an Orange Otter. I immediately got in trouble and had to sit up front near the teacher because I was late. Fortunately, as my attention started to wane, I was able to thumb through some albums they had laying about. Peter, Paul and Mary with the Puff the Magic Dragon song on it had to be the class of the lot, but they had some stuff by Earth, Wind and Fire, KC and the Sunshine band, Elvis and all on vinyl. I was just starting to wonder what this stuff would fetch on eBay when I heard my name. Embarrassed I looked up from the back of an album sleeve to see the class looking at me. Even though my wife had sent me there with explicit instructions to not ask questions, I had to ask her to repeat the question. Laughter, blushing, do some things never change?

Later I got to go to the Green Grape section to meet Maile's teacher. I fared much better although I pulled some kid named Matthew's art off the wall instead of Maile's. The teacher informed me that it was okay because Maile is still having a hard time recognizing her own name and now she sees that it runs in the family.

Got to cruise around at lunchtime on the cross bike today. The dirt was tacky with the little bit of rain that has come down. The coolest thing is that I was able to actually see. Got fitted for contacts yesterday and did my first sighted ride ever today. Looking forward to seeing how they fare on Sunday. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

You just had to say it didn't you. pumkin hehe

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home