Wednesday, November 01, 2006


So I go for a walk today at lunchtime, yes I've been reduced to walking as my main form of exercise, and I pass a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Normally, when traveling at high rates of speed, I would never notice such an item. But there, as plain as day, a filled box of doughnuts sitting, no begging at me, from the side of the trail. How did they get there? How long had they sat there? If I ate one and no one saw, would it count? I didn't even brake stride, but my mind was hurling about for at least 15 minutes. I don't even like the brand of doughnut. Hell, the Apple Fritter (most underrated doughnut ever) is better at 7-11 than anything Krispy Kreme can concoct. So I reach the turnaround point wondering how I'd be able to sneak by these things without popping one in my mouth. I approached them ever so slowly even trying to will myself not to look at them or even acknowledge their existence. The force, too much for me to overcome, sucked me in and at the last moment I dove for the box. I flipped the lid and to my astonishment they were all gone. Relieved I pressed on but for a bit of guilt for had there even been a crumb left, I would have crumbled.

Upon my walk I decided that if I can walk I can ride a stationary bike and if I can ride a stationary bike then certainly I can ride my bike on a trainer and if I can ride my bike on a trainer then I certainly can ride up and down the Iron Horse trail and if I can ride up and down the Iron Horse Trail then I can get up and down the boulevard and if I can ride up and down the boulevard I certainly can throw in an interval or two and if I can do that I can race. See you on December 3rd at the last Pilarcitos race when I will return. Maybe not fast and maybe not in the Master A race, but I will toe the line and launch exorcising the deamons. That's the plan and that makes me smile a bit.

Johnny WalkFast (actually I can't even walk fast)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home