Tuesday, November 07, 2006


So I showed up like a proud American today to do my voting thing. Been voting in the same spot for 22 years now save the few times I voted while living in Minnesota. From my parents house, which is the address used for voting purposes because I'm too lazy/paranoid (don't want to end up on somebody's hit list for jury duty-my patrioticness only goes so far) to change it to my current locale, I can throw a rock and hit the voting booth. I'm there at like 6:30 in the morning to do my thang, and I'm uncerimoniously thrown out by the crusty hairs. When my "what happened to voting early and often" fell upon deaf or humorless ears, I heard the door lock. When they opened the door at 7am, I was there card in hand eager to do my part. At the table it was discovered that I was in the wrong spot. My voting place had been changed after 22 years to the Womens Club (or something) across town. The voting conspirators determined to not count my vote were at a loss for words when without another hitch I made it in to the booth. And don't that feel good. A little bummed as every year for as long as I can remember, I've been riding either in the morning at lunch or after work to cast my ballot. This year, with the ribs a little tender and now a new developing intercostal problem, I had to propel the behemoth to the booth. Kind of sucked. The 'I Voted' sticker that always ended up on my bike is now on my shirt. The politics of injuries, I guess.

So a while ago I blogged about my friend Duncan who's had some troubles as of late regarding past decisions. Though I'm one of the more oblivious when it comes to modern/popular advancements such as technology, I've been able to link his new blogsite to mine. He's a great guy and an interesting writer with a unique perspective on life. Click it and see for yourself. Hope you are well and regardless of your political affiliation, for goodness sake, don't forget to vote.

Johnny VoteFast(and often)

1 Comments:

Blogger duncanjr said...

Vote EARLY and often - U5M

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home