Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So my kid got some remote controlled something or other (doesn't really look like a car) and I was messing around with it last night. I had consumed mass quantities of wine at the Christmas dinner my wife threw for our family and assorted friends. While everyone was milling about and cleaning up, I thought it would be cool to see if the batteries were charged. I tested it out right there on the kitchen floor. Before I knew what was going on, I had the car thing whipping around the room like a possessed machine on steroids. It was making this high pitched yell and thrashing about. Some of the folks were laughing and some of the folks were screaming at me to stop. I was at the controls, but I didn't have control of it at all. It would spin and race and bang and spin and race some more. Frantically. Finally, as if completely out of its mind, it spit the battery pack recently installed and came to an immediate and quiet stop seemingly like one of those futuristic movies where the robots can think and do for themselves when man is no longer capable. There was a moment of silence and then my mother in law very calmly said, "I think that's a better toy for outside." True.

After all this month has thrown me, I am back on the plan effective immediately.

Johnny GoFast

6 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

we have that same remote controlled thing.

it lives in the garage.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

We gots one too. Of course it's an in-house toy with the Whitetrashiciraptors.

10:06 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

hey, johnny. my husband morgan does a mtb night ride every thursday on all those trails in joaquin miller.

you're welcome to join if you ever want to. he serves chips and salsa and beer afterwards. they usually meet around 8ish.

ebparks are legally open for trail riding till 10pm.

10:58 AM  
Blogger nosajpalnud said...

Oh I miss the frenchie & chown at night....and I can't remember the name of the one in JM that has the rocky stair steps - that one's my absolute favorite

12:08 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

My first ride ever was on Griffs Slippery Fish (see blog from a few days ago) and we did Madrone and French. Jason, the trail to which you refer is what we used to call night train. Call Griff, he knows all. Lauren, I'll have to get that cleared with the wifeage but sounds doable. I'd love to get those trails back into the rotation.

3:37 PM  
Blogger nosajpalnud said...

I just remembered - Chaparel

Anyway good stuff - we've got some good night ridin' up this direction if I can get my ass out there with some folks.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home