Friday, December 15, 2006




Out riding around at lunchtime minding my own business and feeling darn right good. Fourth ride this week and the wifeage is being pretty cool about some rides I want to do this weekend. Maybe, just maybe I'll get the lick of this training thing yet. So I come upon a long line of cars stopped at a light. I shoot up the bike lane as the traffic starts to flow. Up ahead I see one of those "I wanna be an SUV but I'm an affordable option" VW's. I don't know what kind of VW as my reader knows, I'm not much of a car guy. Anyhow, I end up right along side of it and I notice that the driver must have been out of it at the filling station because he left the gas door open. I think, "well here's a good opportunity to do a good turn," and I close the sucker as I pass. About 50 yards later, that same VW honks at me as apparently I was in his way as he wanted to go right. It was one of those speed up and cut you off maneuvers that we are all so fond of. But in this case, he never got in front of me and basically had to slow and wait (oh the hassle of that). So he lets fly with a honk and yells something out of his window. I desparately wanted to give him the finger, but pedalled on never breaking my cadence. I'm happy I didn't as my sponsor might have that guy as a customer and given the chance, maybe that guy could one day be a friend. Who knows? But it does kind of blow that I did him the favor of shutting his door only to get honked at for being guilty of riding a bike in a bike lane. Someday I'm going to start a team and the shirt at the top is going to be my logo. For now, I smile and wave. Have a great weekend and see you around.


Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i'll take one of those jerseys.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Crobanion Man said...

No good dead goes unpunished.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home