Wednesday, December 13, 2006



I was at an eye appointment this morning getting fitted for contacts, when my wife called me here at the rockpile. I was a little late as not only was I getting an education on my eyes, but on the Lord as well. My eye doctor is great. He talks to me about breathing strategies, the Oakland A's, skiing, cancer and now the Lord. The first time I visited him he taught me this karate way to breathe. It made me laugh. The nurses/assistants thought something was wrong and came bounding in. He dismissed them after assuring them that it was only a breathing technique they heard. The second time we discussed one of the A's pitchers that was on the DL. He was so convinced that his arm was killing him because of a vitamin C deficiency, that he wrote to the team trainer to off load the advice. This time the topic of religion came up. Interested, I listened. He now wants to go to lunch sometime to fill me up with more of the word. But that isn't what today's post is all about.

So I get back to the pile to see that I have a message waiting for me. I pick it up and immediately recognize my wife on the other end. She begins by calmly but very intentionally saying, "John, if you could never...". And then I heard her yell at one of the kids banishing him/her (Jackson I think but I can't really tell their cry's apart) to his/her room. I then clearly heard her growl in frustration and then she hung up. I know that she works in the classroom today so I know she will get back to me. I have a feeling, but I'm not totally certain, that I may be indirectly responsible for whatever egregious act one of my kiddie winks may have committed. I can't help but feel that the boom is about to be lowered. I want to complete the sentence with, "John, if you could never...go to work again because we just won the lottery...", but somehow I don't see that happening. And I think whatever it is I'm about to get "coached" on goes way past the leaving the toilet seat up type violation. I sit here shaking. Maybe I should have lunch sooner rather than later with my eye doctor. The end is nigh, and that right soon. Hope you are well and if you could do so in kind, I'd be much obliged.

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home