Wednesday, March 28, 2007




So the guy in the funny looking green shorts is Brian Marcy. He can do one of those track stand thingies indefinitely. I actually watched him roll backwards down a hill still clipped in. The point is, he's got mad skilz. I like to think of myself as a mountain biker first, but truth be told, my ability is a bit stale at this point. So it was on Sunday that we got the old crew together. Bill Carslay, Steve Ouzounian, Steve Griffiths, B-Mar and I all went out for a ride in the Oakland Hills. Griff and I are going to the Phoenix Norba race tomorrow for a three day dirt stage race, so we felt it might make some sense to get out and practice a bit. We went hard in a couple of fast sections, but mainly we just rode with the whole gang like old times. Back in the day, we'd meet up every Wednesday to do a lap that would take about 15 minutes. We'd race it all out complete with a start. Most evenings we'd get in three or four hard laps and my skills have never been as good as they were back then. Sunday, we rode and laughed and talked about how we should do this more often. B-Mar lives in Oregon now, Griff is in Granite Bay, Oz travels the world as does Bill. My life has turned in a direction that doesn't allow me to get away that consistently, so we don't ride together as consistently as I'd like, but such is life. For one glorious Sunday, it was pretty damn epic. Anyway, hope you are well and I'll try and post from Arizona.

Johnny GoFast

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would have been nice to see the man.

Louis

9:57 AM  
Blogger nosajpalnud said...

Griff was tellin me bout your ride and hitting the Chapparelle.

GL at the Cactus Cup

7:36 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

hey! i just did that ride today on my single speed.

sounds like you guys had fun.

i love that little forest.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Get some down there Go-fast!

8:37 PM  
Blogger jdub-sama said...

JGF-
Though your transition to road is nearly complete, you still have the bug to race in the dirt. I am sure your downhill skills have survived time. Your climbing and fitness abilities most certainly have surpassed and weakness in your off-road bike handling. I am hoping to read good results from the races this weekend. Who does the laundry when you are gone???

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home