Friday, February 23, 2007



So there you go. Pictures of the new room as to be yet revealed on a reality program to be aired in the future and viewed by people not named me. I can't tell you how happy I am that this whole process is behind me. Watching my wife play the part of the over exuberant, suburbia fashonista, me having to get excited about the non-exciting, having to have no less than 10 crew people in my house at all hours of the day filming and sounding and creating and whatknowselse. Goodbye and take your phony baloney hooey with you. The room came out all right and it's better than what we had by a long shot, but it's not subtle. I don't know much about France or the Country, but I'm fairly certain our bedroom does not capture the gist of the style. It looks like it might be French Country on steroids, which I guess given the times, goes well with reality television. Performance enhancing drugs aren't just for self important athletes anymore. Some day in the future, I'll notify all of my readers about the impending episode. HGTV will certainly see a bounce no doubt. Stay tuned. Enough about that.

It's been a while since I've reached into the mail bag and it's starting to bulge. Let's take a look:

I hear that your single speed is cracked. How did you notice? Wouldn't it follow that you actually would have to inspect your bike? Steve Griffiths Granite Bay California--and I'd just like to point out--Republican Hotbed


Thanks for writing in Griff. Truth be told, my little boy found the crack. He was washing my bike like a good little soldier and he said, "Daddy...I feel a bump here that is inconsistent with the texture on the rest of the bike. I inspected further and it would appear to be a flaw in the metal." "That's not metal son," I said. "That's titanium and it's the strongest material known to man. We put astronauts into space and New Mexico with that stuff. It's super strong and it won't break." "I think you're wrong. It's definitely cracked," he continued. Turns out he's right. The little Einstein. Picture of him nearby working on my bike.

Johnny-
What are your plans now that the single speed is broken. Will you have more room in the garage for say...old bedroom furniture, Christmas wrapping paper, an old baby changing table? Chieko Kaki...er...Cyndi Lauper Roanoake Virginia


Chieko..I mean Cyndi, thanks for your question. Oddly enough I thought this might be from my wife as her first name is Chieko but then I saw that you forgot what your first name is. Sometimes she writes in to my program as a form of communication. We've been married for over five years now (crushed the over/under for divorce by the way) and the signals we send each other sometimes barely get through if they get through at all. The other day she tried to get me to pick up some stuff the kids left about, but I feigned ignorance. I got the hint when the crayon box hit me upside the head. Anyway, getting back to your question, there is no room in the garage for any of my wife's crap. Cyndi, if I could offer you some advice ala Dr. Phil...the garage is the only room in the house that belongs to the man. You women have taken away everything else including the bathroom. Unless you want to suffocate him, let him have the garage. He'll be happier and you'll see a major improvement in his attitude. If you insist on off loading your stuff into his only room, he'll blow. Trust me, give him some rope.

Mr. GoFast-
I hear that your back is wrenched. Do you think it wise to race at Snelling tomorrow? Mr. GoFast's mother


Oh for crying out loud mom, I told you not to contact me here. None of the other people in blogland have their mothers looking over their shoulder. C'mon, I'm trying to fit in here. I'll call you when I get home. Geeezzz.

I have time for one more question.....

Dear Johnny-
Some of the guys on the team have been telling me that I need a nickname. What do you think? Pat McLaughlin Pegasaurus Teammate


Nicknames are tough. Obviously you can't name yourself otherwise we'd have a lot of people walking around with the moniker "The Pipe" or "10 inch" or some such juvenile non-sense. Griff has taken to calling you McQUADlin, which is pretty good given the size of your soon to be Cat 3 huge legs and sprinting prowess. Be patient and the name will come. My name was given to me by somebody (I think McEwen, but it could have been Petacchi or Boonen) because my first name is Johnny and I go fast. Something similar will happen for you. For now, go with Pat the Pegasaurus until something better comes along.


Anyway, thanks for being such a loyal audience everyone and I'll see you out there at Schnelling tomorrow.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

bwahahaaahahaaa....

killin me.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) nice hotel room
2) that piece of shit has probably been cracked since they day you picked it up with the cranks installed "i-talian style". You just never noticed. Oh, but maybe they guy who bought my crap on eBay will want to buy your frame too.
3) Pat the Pegasaurus sounds like one of Barney's friends. McQuadlin's good, but I still like Calf2Cow

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home