Thursday, March 01, 2007


So I posted a while ago about taking over the laundry duties from my wife. What the hell was I thinking? She's off loaded a ton of those "women only" chores from the 50's on me already. Like I'd step up and be taken down by another. Isn't it enough that I load/unload the dishes, cook on occasion, take the garbage out, bathe the kids, put them to bed, etc.? There is a reason The Deity of Your Choice gave man alcohol and a remote. So today I struck and accord with the wife that will call for me to wash and fold one "load" of laundry for every race, team ride, or Saturday House of Pain ride that I attend. Seeing how I was willing to put more skin in the pot, I felt like this was a good deal. She liked the idea so much that she immediately started looking at the race calendar to see what she can cram in there. I'd better get the legs freshened up quick.

As you probably guessed, I couldn't stand it any longer and went skiing yesterday. Getting up there Tuesday night took a while, but wasn't too bad. Woke up Wednesday morn to hear the speaker phone telling me that the hill of my choice received 9-13" of new snow over night. Seemed like a stretch as there was only a trace at the cabin. But when I got to the hill, oh the glory. Untracked powder for as far as the eye could see. We (my older brother Michael and uber republican and good friend Carl Borgwardt) got into line at about 8:45am and were about the 20th chair up the hill. We skied untracked until lunch time even hitting one section just as it was being opened by the ski patrol. Some north facing exposures were holding waist deep stashes that made my powder penis go boing. Seriously. After lunch, we did two gigantic runs that featured the best powder I've ever skied. The runs are out of bounds and take you away from the base area, but oh my are they good fun. Sometimes there is a traverse line that gets you back to the parking lot and sometimes there isn't. Yesterday there wasn't and we ended up at some condos that are about a 15 minute walk from the lifts. Luckily there was a great Samaritan that gave us a lift back to the base. We had so much fun on the run that we high tailed it back up the mountain for another go. Shooting through the trees side by side with my brother and friends provides me with a joy that words can't describe. It's days like yesterday that make me glad to walk/ski this earth. Wish you were there. No doubt, I'm a lucky man.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Sorry Matthew couldn't be there with you yesterday. I know he would have enjoyed as much as you did!
Your wifey and I discussed the laundry exchange idea yesterday...I heartily encouraged it!!!
Ant Shannon

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is making me cry...I can almost smell/feel the snow getting in my nose reading it! The salt mine in Mt View was nowhere near as much fun.

Louis

8:06 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

'powder penis'? yer killin'me, mine shriveled up & fell off long ago, but this post gave me a yearning.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home