Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Foul, foul mood today so beware. My training has been crap lately. My back, shoulder and neck are still hurting from my tumble that I took a few months ago and it's affected my training. I don't have the miles in my legs that I should at this point and my weight is a solid 10 pounds more than it should be. So today when I got on my bike for a ride at lunch, I was none to happy to find that the front derailleur would not shift into the big ring. I rode to the house and started to work on it in hopes that I could correct the situation quickly and be on my way. I'm a horrible wrench no doubt, so it came as no surprise that I could not improve the situation. Faced with the prospect of losing yet another day of training, I picked up the nearest thing (a bag full of ski stuff including boots) and chucked it. Directly through a glass window in my garage. Shattered glass everywhere. What a joy. If things don't improve soon, I may just go back to whatever it was I did before I became obsessed with this bike racing thing. I can't remember that far back, but I had to be happier with that/those hobbies than this one.

Johnny GrumpFest

3 Comments:

Blogger nosajpalnud said...

there's always a downgrade option - can you downgrade to a 5?



sorry man couldn't resist :) seriously hope you feel better. Its only Feb and lots of time to still get fit.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Singlespeed.

Probably still beat me.

8:55 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

ah! i totally understand!

especially trying to work and the kid thing. you have that perfect window when you're spose to ride and then something messes it up.

but don't give it up! plenty of season to race in.

and don't forget the thursday night mtb ride over here if you ever want to join. it's full of some really strong dads who look forward to it every week. morgan's been riding his singlespeed lately and he's says it's a great 2 to 3 hour workout that doesn't take away from family time.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home