Monday, August 13, 2007


Lots of stuff to talk about today.

Item 1: The wifeage logged on to the site over the weekend. She was alarmed at the chatter regarding watts, HR, perceived effort, etc. More alarmed at some of the analysis and debate. Get a life, she implores.

Item 2: Again, the wifeage while logged on read the article about me dropping out of the Fort Ord race. Not good. Apparently mass suckage does not warrant not finishing. "If you race you finish," she said. "You spend our money to go and race...you finish the damn thing. You can only drop out if medical attention is required or your bike is broken beyond rideability. Otherwise, you keep going. Now get out of my sight," she bellowed. Yikes. Note to self, either finish or lie.

Item 3: Took home a second place finish at the Patterson Pass Road Race. Actually considered not doing this race due to bad sensations in the legs from the last race and getting bitch slapped by Griff earlier in the week. But it was a 35+ 4/5 A race so I figured what the hell(there was a B race--but winning that is really no great shakes. I mean it's the B field and everyone knows that's where they put the slowest 50 guys). One guy got away for the solo win and I won the field sprint from about 12 guys. It was a pretty pathetic affair as I don't fancy myself a sprinter. But I'm not a climber either and I figured the guys I was with were better at going up than going for the line. Normally, in a sprint, it's like a jail break with everyone including older ladies passing me on the way to the line. It was kind of fun to win one of those to be the first loser, tallest midget, king of the heap, etc.

Item 4: Taking some time off this week to hang with the kiddiewinks. Going to the waterpark today and Alcatraz tomorrow then camping the remainder of the week. This weekend, I'm taking my Jason Dunlap/Pat McQuadlin/Robert Winderesque sprint to Dunnigan Hills to unleash the fury within. Or simply finish so I can come home and kiss the wife. She's a tough one you know. Now go be friendly to a total stranger.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice result

now was it JL who took the solo win - you know the guy Roy recruited (snip) *chuckle*

who won the M123s/field?

JD (NP)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice result

now was it JL who took the solo win - you know the guy Roy recruited (snip) *chuckle*

who won the M123s/field?

JD (NP)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Wonder said...

WAY TO GO ON THE SPRINT!! And the Fort Ord thing.....well, yea, the big C. has a point, but riding around Fort Ord, dropped, in the wind, going up and down....Ohhhhhhhh...I might rather suffer the wrath of the big C. when I got home...But I don't live with her, so I'll back ya' whatever you do next time!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home