Friday, September 14, 2007

Hey All-
Below is an e-mail I sent to the Pegasaurus Team in response to the Sunday team ride e-mail back in early August. In it there was a comment about the racing season coming to an end. As any cross racer will proclaim, you've got to be kidding me? In any event, the first is the e-mail from the ride coordinator and then my response where I specifically call out the board to embrace us dirt addicted, fall riding, adrenalin fueled step children. After which you will find the meat and potatoes of today's post.


Hi Guys,
Based on the recent turnouts for the Sunday ride I think the best thing to do is to leave the ride open to those that show-up Sunday morning. Once school is back in session (early September), I assume more people will be in town and the racing season will be winding down as well, so I will resume posting specific rides at that time.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.


Dearly Beloved-
Racing season winding down? Speaking on behalf of myself as the self appointed captain of the dirt patrol, I would respectfully like to point out that in September, the real racing season is just beginning. All this road stuff (hill climbs, time trials, road races, crits) is just a prelude to the most bestest time of year...Cyclocross Season. I know that Tao, Sean O'Connell, Chris Rodriguez, and Dave Schindehette all welcome you with open containers into our little world of pain. You'll dig it the most if you just give it a chance. Also, as an added bonus and as a show of their commitment to the cyclocross undercurrent infecting the team, Paul Carter and Vaugh VanNote have each committed to doing at least one cyclocross race this fall. Other board members (not to single anyone out--Tony Homes) have...ahem...pussed out. That being said, any and all are welcome to come and at least practice with us on occasion, cheer for us during the race, or buy us beer when spotted about the local watering holes. It'd be the cool thing to do. Hope you are well and that you at least give it some thought.


John "Fool For Your Love" Mundelius


So that's the President of the Pegasaurus Bike Racing Club right there making good on his promise. Oh the horror, or perhaps just the whore. So hard to tell. I guess I'll never understand this whole Cyclocross-dressing undercurrent that flows through such a beautiful sport. Certainly this is a Bay Area affectation as I can't see the great Belgian racers going for this kind of mockery. Maybe they do and I'm just too staid to get it. In any event, I called out the board of the Pegasaurus' asking them to show their commitment to us dirt dogs by doing at least one race this fall. And low and behold, none other than Paul Carter steps up to the plate and takes a mighty swing. We'll see if the rest of them can man (or woman as the case may be) up and show the love. Hell, that's just damn inspiring. Think I'll go out and ride (sans the dress).

Johnny GoFast

5 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

and that's my cross bike there that mr. carter is racing on.

he stepped up to the plate - that being his first cross race and all.

those dfl courses are pretty challenging for those little roadies.

go pegasaurusususus'!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahmen.

And why do you need a dress when you constantly ride with a skirt.

You know who it is, Mr. Reverseworld.

See you Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

12:51 PM  
Blogger jdub-sama said...

I know he has been talking about new kits for 2008...I hope he wasn't testing out one of the options!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, it was a blast. I'd love to do it again some time. Maybe I'll try racing 'cross again as well...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

...If racing in a dress is wrong...I don't want to be right.

Paul Carter 2007

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home