Monday, April 28, 2008


Went with the kiddiewinks and the Wifeage to the pizza joint on Saturday night for a little din-din. It was a place I used to go to as a kid but now it's gone slightly upscale with a "wait to be seated" sign at the front. They still have games, but now they spit tickets at you that you can redeem for prizes. My boy got one of those Chinese Finger Trap thingies, fake teeth, and a necklace for Maile. So I'm sitting there drinking my beer and watching the game while the wife was playing video games with the kids and I pick up the finger trap. Stop me if you know where this is going. I start messing around with it, and as sure as Griff can fall off his bike, I get my fingers stuck in the thing. And of course I panic. Before I know it, the finger trap is reduced to a massive pile of ruin, which I quickly stuffed into the wife's purse (lest one of the winks found the now destroyed toy and started asking questions which would have ended up with the wife having to explain--yet again--why their father is such an idiot). So I shot up out of my chair, found some tokens, dumped them into the nearest game (pop-a-shot thank gawd I have mad skilz) and let fly. I scored something like 30 tickets which was just enough to "buy" another Chinese Finger Trap. I had it back on the table before the kids ever knew what happened and I avoided one colossal melt down out of somebody. Yep...I've got it going on. Hope you are well.


Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza Machine or Primos? upscale?

2:57 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

The Pizza Machine. Sad development indeed.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home