Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A little something by request for my man Anon out in Minnesota who would rather listen to Hillary shrill on then read my blather about flailing about on a bicycle.


So even more American than dropping bombs about the world in an ever increasing effort to enforce our will upon others (and get oil), is the right to pass on that which we love to our young'ens. Way before I was a bike racer, I was first and foremost a baseball player. I'd do anything to play the game. From whipping a tennis ball against the garage door while my little brother feebly waived his bat at a blistering fastball or wicked knuckle curve to beaning Griff three times before striking him out to trying out for the high school baseball team every year though I knew I'd get cut, I simply loved the game. So we got to the A's game around 11am because any good fan knows, the best thing about the game is catching batting practice and watching the guys take infield. To stand near the bullpen and watch the pitchers get their arms loose is something to behold. Jackson ate it all up. When the game finally started, we filled out the scorecard together. He liked it when Mark Ellis hit a dinger (as he now calls them) and he liked the players with the high socks. That made me proud. My boy is old school. Of course, when he's a pro, they'll be wearing their pants all disco again and that will be called old school. We stayed for the whole game and I couldn't have been happier. Think I'll take him to a real game this weekend even though the Giants really suck. Can't wait to explain why it is that the American League doesn't require the pitcher to hit. No doubt he'll see the insanity in that.



After the race on Sunday, got to spend some quality time with the family at the Boardwalk. The girl is getting more and more adventurous and trying some of the more "scary" rides. She rode the log ride with the wifeage and reported it to be as crazy as last year. I rode the Ferris wheel which terrified me. She got to talking about how all the people looked like dolls. That made me laugh.

Anyway, hope you are well and that this meets your requirements, Schmidt.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Thanks for blowing my cover. Im gonna have a movie about me - just like Valerie pLame. Anyway, nice to be referenced in such a great all-American post. It's still flurrying here,though most snow has melted. My wife has me up early Sunday morning with all three kids while she sleeps in, as the kids are on east coast time, Ive been up for too long. Anyway, it's a nice diversion from a Tivo of Care Bears. Just go back from Florida - had some spring practice interaction with the Twins. My son got to meet a few of them. Morneau has a house two doors down from my folks. He was not around when we were there. It never occurred to my dad to ask for autographs when he was pulling fish out of the backyard pond with Morneau and Mauer....anyway, love the shot of the daughter and wifeage - cropped out the headshot, but got the boobs and fingerblasting! By the way, quit shilling to the libs about us only bombing people for oil. Bill Clinton gets the big speaking bucks from the arabs, not us. We bomb them because we dont like them.



JS

6:10 AM  
Blogger Wonder said...

John,
Great story of the fam'. Love it.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home