Friday, August 28, 2009



So last year I did alright on the cross bike. I banged around in the top 10 for most of the year which was a huge improvement for me over other cross campaigns in years past. But this year I want to go consistently in the top five. A daunting task to be sure.

I've been motivated lately and on my rides I think about all the speed that resides in the Bay Area. To achieve my goals, I have to ride faster and more consistently than some real heavyweights. Maybe I'm crazy if I think I can hang with: James Coates, Henry Krammer, Gannon Myall, Tim Thompson, Chris D'Alusio, Murray Swanson, Don Myrah, Steve Reaney, Mark Howland, Todd Hoefer, Rich Maile, Kevin Merrigan (who called me a wanker multiple times in a race last year--keen observer that he is), John Kammeyer, Ana Flores on a good day, Brock Dickey, Eric Bustos, hell even Griff and Oz are putting in some serious work. Or maybe I'm on a vision quest like Loudin Swain and that I've been having serious talks with the Everywhere Spirit. I've been thinking that everyone in front of me is the guy with the telephone pole and I'm Loudin. The other guy in the clip can be Griff. Anyway, it's what I've been thinking about and I won't know anything until they toot that whistle in about a month. It can't come soon enough. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Griff better now that he has cool mohawhk hair like Maddox Jolie vs. when he was that "stud" Jake driving a cliche red 944 and dating the hot chick but bailed on her for that beating Molly Ringwald.

Not yet a bleacher-climbing stud with a huge log and color-coordinated blue & gold socks, but a nice upgrade from a girly teenage fantasy.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

JG, I put you in 1st place on Wed's CX training ride with Griff and Bill. Now all you need to do is get the rest of the race crowd to handicap you the barriers because your shoe lace is broken. I can see you top 5 already.

I was nearly crippled from that workout, and completely avoided recovery during yesterdays' day off so that today's attempt at a workout quickly turned into wobbly leg day.

Plus you have to feel good about Griff's miserable showing. If he were in shape, he'd be able to throw down after drinking all night long with a double quilya capper (and confession of something like 50 sprints that morning.)

I think you are overly paranoid this year and could schedule in a few more couch days.

Nice riding with you.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home