Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First it's Fast Freddy calling me fat (or at least me thinking he did) while rolling down the boulevard. Followed closely by my wife who comforted me by saying, "he didn't call you 'fat', he said: 'good for you fat guy!'" And now this:

Dear Rider:

Thank you for your interest in the GT Dirt Coalition. We received hundreds of applications from riders nationwide, which made the selection process very difficult. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer you a position on the GT Dirt Coalition at this time. However, we’ll keep your information on file and should another opportunity become available with GT, we will be sure to contact you. We appreciate the time you spent completing the application and hope to see you out on the trails.

Thanks again for your interest in the GT Dirt Coalition and good luck this season!

For more information on GT, please visit www.gtbicycles.com.



Best Regards,

Team GT Management


So I threw my resume at GT bikes who was recruiting riders for their dirt coalition something or other. Don't get me wrong, riding for Wells Fargo presented by Allegiant Air With a Large and Personal Donation by Mark VanDenBerghe Properties is a dream come true. But GT was offering up a pretty cool bike that they were going to give to their chosen. And I think we will all agree that beating on something given is far better than beating on something purchased. I think the thing that hurts the most is that I don't even rate for a name in the letter. I'm simply "Rider". Oh the rejection and the anonymity of it. If there is anyone else out there that wants to kick a man when he's down, here's your chance. Griff, don't even think about it as you're about as down as me. Anyway, hope you are well.

Johnny GoFastbutnotonaGTbicycle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home