Friday, November 13, 2009

Clearly I have become some sort of go between in what is becoming a rather heated feud between two up to now seemingly mellow and friendly competitors. Recall that I received a piece of registered mail from Eric Bustos intended for Tim Watson. I was gracious enough to forward said letter on to is rightful and intended party. Now I have received a return response and again, I need to forward this doc to the intended party. Tim and Eric: I am neither of you and neither of you resides at my place of business or home. Please carefully address any future communications appropriately. Anyway, I couldn't help but post the rebut to yesterday's letter from Eric. Have a look below:

Dear Eric,
Before I get into the guts of my reply, please click here. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, allow me to retort. At no point will I accept any blame for your broken wheel. Recall that when I arrived on the scene, you were doing what looked like some sort of break dancing routine in the dirt. Because of the fast pace being hammered out by The Myrah somewhere up the trail, I was red lined and bleary eyed at the time. No doubt your antics were confusing to me, to say the least. It was at this point that I had to go into full brake mode to keep from joining you on the ground. My success was less than optimal, and as a result, I ended up getting off of my bike and onto your wheel. In a way, you saved me because we Lobsters take great pride in our bike handling skills. So much so that we have a running bet with each other regarding our ability to clean courses with minimal foot releases. More accurately, every time we have to get off the bike and actually touch dirt for something other than barriers or run-ups, we owe a case of beer to be brought to the next race. So though I did have to get off of the bike in a spot where otherwise it could have been ridden, I do not have to buy a case (as the visual evidence shows in your picture) because my foot never touched the dirt but rather your wheel. Though a technicality in nature, you saved me some sheckles, for which I owe you some thanks. As these are the facts, I feel that your request is outrageous in nature and have no intention of reimbursing you for your wheel. I consider this matter closed. I invite you by our tent this weekend to join me in a beer so we can put this thing to bed.

Sincerely,

Tim Watson
Rock Lobster Cyclocross Team

p.s. I like that Tumbleweed nickname for Mundelius. We actually call him The Tumblina because that hideous attempt at a mullet makes him look more like a girl than the Euro trash bike racer image he is shooting for. It's almost comical when he crashes what with those blond locks flying about all silly like.



Anyway, it's kind of fun to see this feud unfold. I don't know how I ended up getting bashed in the process of these two duking it out though. May be time for a haircut and a skills session based on the chatter. Hope you are well and see you on Saturday night in Brisbane. And stay off of Eric's wheel. Unless you're a Lobster, that is.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John,

I must have been drunk on some Belgian Chimay Blue because I don't remember writing that response to Eric. But, I do thank you for forwarding my message none the less.

Timmy!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Impact of Technology said...

thanks for sharing nice post.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home