Friday, February 11, 2011


Hey all. Hope you've been well. My New Year's resolution is off to a roaring start with my first post of the year coming on February 10th. Anyway, a while back, I was invited to a first communion with my son who had a buddy doing the rite. My boy was full of questions of which, in a very limited way, I was able to impart some wisdom into the practice. My basic explanation was that the first communion is when a person takes the body of Christ into their body to give them the ability to walk with the Lord for eternity upon death. Which, of course, lead to a whole host of other questions that I'm sure my answers to, were way off the mark (making it up as I went having never formally been trained in the art of religion). He asked me if I had ever taken communion and I said no. He was quiet for a while, no doubt worrying about my soul. Anyway, the kids all bring a loaf of bread which gets donated to the local food shelf and is a symbol of the body of Christ. While sitting in the pew, the boy leaned forward and spied one of the loaves that one of the children held in their lap. It was then that he said, "don't worry dad. I know where we can get some of that." I rather pathetically tried to stymie my belly laugh that only ebbed after the third rather sharp elbowing from the wifeage who sat perfectly still yet horrified.

So last night, while driving the girl home from "dance" with one of her friends, it was revealed to us that the little friend would be taking her first communion this weekend. So my girl let fly with a flurry of questions and when I was done speaking she said, "does that make them cannibals?" Classic. Anyway, I applaud all those that find peace alongside the lord. If it helps them walk the path of the righteous man, then this world can only be better. Hope you are well and look forward to talking to you again real soon.

Kindly,

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home