Tuesday, February 15, 2011


So back before the bike, I was a fair regular down at the gym. I liked to lift weights, work a little cardio, play a little basketball, and flash a little leg to the perverts with the hidden cameras in the bathroom/shower. Hell, I reconnected with a buddy of mine who is slowly becoming my biggest reader these days, while working out at the gym in downtown Minneapolis. I never thought there'd be a day where lifting weights wasn't part of my daily routine. But years later, it's fallen down the list of things that occupy my time. But when I'm healthy, I like to incorporate it into my base training and yesterday saw me in the gym for my first weight workout in a couple of years. Had I been blogging last year, you would know that lifting has been out due to the fact that I fell skiing (in the lift line no less) and dislocated my shoulder. Which only now is starting to feel 100%.

Anyway, I was throwing around some serious weight yesterday. So much so, that my brother came over and asked me if I needed a spot. He was kidding because at the time, I was putting up 95 pounds. My pride said I didn't need any help, but inside I actually mulled the question over for a second and concluded that it would probably be a good idea. But he was gone confirming that he was really just busting my chops. Happy to report that there was no incident other than some chuckles from some burly looking men and even some of the women. If you're going to kick sand in my face, best do it now, because in a couple of months, I'll be throwing up at least 105 pounds on the bench press and that ain't just smack talk. Anyway, hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Biggest"? Smart ass

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Frances said...

You could enjoy that spa experience at home if you install one of those whirlpool bathtubs.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home