Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Captaining the Carpool

 
Hey all hope you are well and having a fantastic day.  On Monday I mentioned that the best 30 minutes of my week is spent with my guitar teacher as I fumble my stiff little fingers across the guitar neck.  But coming up like lightning on the heels of learning to play the guitar is having the privilege to drive the Wednesday morning carpool.  You might recognize my daughter's eye and brow (love how you can tell that she is smiling even though her mouth didn't make the pic).  My boy is back there with the shirt that looks more appropriate for Burning Man than it does for high school.  The other two boys are JP and Brendan.  We discuss all manner of things on the way to school.  The good teachers, the bad ones, all the times I got suspended, favorite classes, who is going to the football game on Friday night, lunch time rituals, hottest chick (dude for Maile) in the school, etc.  You know...the essentials (this is not your Mama's carpool mind you).  There are giggles and a lot of "dad...that's probably inappropriate" and then nuggets of hilarity as they impart all sorts of nonsense.  It really is enjoyable and I highly highly recommend doing it as often as you can. 
 
Me Between Intervals on Mt. Diablo

 

So after dropping the kids off at school.  I headed back home and kitted up and headed up Mt. Diablo.  Today I did some climbing repeats.  I went fairly hard on all four and each interval was seven minutes long and I took five minutes off between each one.  At the end, I wanted to puke so I probably pushed it pretty hard.  I averaged about 360 watts for all four.  The first interval showed the HR at 162 beats per minute and by the last one, it had creeped up to about 168bpm.  Not bad I suppose.  I then headed back down and soft pedaled my way back home. Just a beautiful day out there and it started out great. Hope you are well and thanks for being you.
 
Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home