Sunday, November 23, 2014

So here's living proof that I'm serious about training and posting.  That is an actual photo from today's ride as I contemplated life while riding through the vineyards in Livermore.  Averaged 220 watts for three hours with an average heart rate of 130.  Yawn.  Anyway, this ride was dedicated to Aran Watson, dedicated blog reader and fast as crap bike racer.  I think about most of you when I'm out training and it keeps the pressure into the pedals mostly.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to ride easy.  Do you think the Myrah goes easy?  Has Kramer ever taken a day off?  Do you think Brij comes by that smile easy on race day because he takes a day off?  Do the work and reap or not.  It's up to you and me.  I'm choosing pain during the week to make the races what I want them to be.

Totally cool thing happened when I was about 10 minutes from my house.  I'm cranking along, all barn sour and what not, when I pounded through this intersection when I hear the obligatory "road fag" yelled at me by some fat tired slob in a peloton (not sure what a group of Mtb riders is called but certainly not a peloton--maybe critical massholes? but let's go with peloton for sake of brevity).  I chuckled and then realized that the guy doing the yelling was none other than my brother.  Turns out he was just getting done with his ride (mostly legal) up on Diablo.  They were headed to his buddies house and as it turned out, I got invited to join them for a post ride bevy.  The host has a pretty hot wife, so it didn't take me long to re-route and join them.  We caught the end of the Niner game and hilarity ensued.  No wife spottage though.  Post carb load, I made it home with fading light.  Good session and good sensations.  More to follow.  Hope you are well and be excellent to each other.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger 510iso said...

Nice. Thanks for the big ups! Yeah man, I'm going in this week as well to hurt a bit more and hope I come out a bit faster on the other end. This is mostly motivated by your renewed fire as well. Let's slide up the ranks holmes!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny GoFast?? I didn't know you had an alter-ego...I knew about the ego, just not the alter part. Stomp it at Nats. KM

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home