Monday, May 22, 2006



That's my girl. Isn't she pretty. She likes the color pink and thinks that she is a princess. She likes going to bike races and cheers for me harder than anyone I've ever met. She thinks I'm so pro. Who am I to tell her that I'm a flounder in the cat 4's. Anyway, I went racing yesterday in Stockton. It's a great place to race in a strategic stretch of town. Strategic in that, it doesn't take a lot of dough to find love, if you know what I mean. Lucky I won a prime. Twenty bucks is like walking in and saying, "I own this crack house!!!" A little bit of jing gets all the other scumbags nervous that the economy is now in full blown runaway inflation mode. In the 4's race, got to sit in and watch as a team mate launched himself into the winning break. He got 2nd so congrats to Pat. I've written about him in the past. He's a mutant that doesn't know how good he could be if he got a heart rate monitor, watt meter and a coach. In the 4/5 race, we had four guys in the top ten when a crash broke out in the second to last corner. I passed a guy who was in the air and upside down and another that looked like he was sliding into second. Had to stop for the third guy who was trying to take me out. Pat came whipping buy me, jumped a curb, hit a cyclone fence, bounced off and into some tan bark and back onto the course. He would have kept going except he wobbled coming out of the bark and went down on the sidewalk. Do all cat 4/5 races end with some dipthong crashing? Still hate crits, but I have to win one of these things sooner or later.

So I'm at home after the race, reading a book when my wife comes in with my daughters magic wand. She waived it about and finally with a smile on her face she says, "Poooffff, you are a beautiful handsome prince." I stare her down and say, "and what was I before?" She left quietly unsure how to answer. I'm still bothered but then you probably already knew that.

Readership now up to over two views a day. Thanks for your support.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Good post. McMonsterQuads got 2nd? Are you privy to the calf-to-cow workout plan? Can you send it to me, I think um gunna need id. Thanks for the call today. Loved the, I'm in town this week, maybe we could go for... ... ... lunch or something. Ha.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

hey, another happy reader here, and fellow floundering 4 in Fatherhood... posting for the first time so you know I'm here... Zach's is the best, but I'd rather bathe in Coors Light than drink it.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home