Thursday, July 20, 2006

17-Feb
Wk 13
135 min
30 miles
Road
2,3,4 heart rate zones
156 average
50 cadence
On Bike Strength Workout

8 x 3 min on/6min off MTI's on Diablo. Holy Shit!!! It was snowing below the Junction. Kept going because I thought it was hail and would stop. Later I noticed snow flakes--and then it started to dump. Coming down I got cold like I've never been cold. Couldn't stop shivering once back at work. Started to feel human again by 4pm or so. The workout itself was good. No problemo hitting interval targets. Couldn't do more than two standing intervals due to the slickness of the roads. Stayed seated and still accomplished finishing the workout despite the conditions.

Due to the heat, I looked back in my journal for something inspiring. This is a blurb that I had in there from a workout I did in February. I basically got caught in a snow storm up on Diablo one day at lunchtime. Decending, I thought my entire upper body was going to go numb and I'd let go of the bars. I would stop periodically to shake my arms alive. It took me forever to get down and then forever to get across the flats and back to my office. Luckily, my brother was in the parking lot when I arrive. He helped me get my bike into the car for me as I couldn't stop shivering. I think I shook for another two hours before my body finally warmed up. God I hated that day. I'll take the heat over that, no question. Hope you are well. Notice a lot of traffic out there regarding Floyd Landis. Did he do something?

Thanks for making this website the most popular non-read site in blog land.
Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

hit

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home