Monday, June 05, 2006

So it’s no secret that something has been bugging me lately. I’ve been watching guys on other teams that I indirectly sponsor. Three of which are Safeway, California Giant Strawberry and Sierra Nevada. It’s akin to pumping $65 worth of gas into my behemoth and hearing the big, fat, ugly oil company chuckle at me. So I’ve done something about it. Well, quitting Sierra Nevada beer was tough, but not insurmountable as I reach for the Racers Choice (Coors Light for those that are new to my internet presence). But how to circumvent Safeway and Cal Giant so the BagBoys and BerryHeads don’t feed off my patronage? It hit me somewhere in the middle of my TT at Madera aboard the McPatty BlewByYou. Look at all this food just growing here in the middle of nowhere. I could do that, couldn’t I? So for the better part of the last month, I’ve built three planter boxes in my back yard, moved 10 yards of dirt, bought plants, thrashed hands, threw out my back and gotten a wicked sunburn. I’m into this thing for over two grand already and I haven’t harvested one vegetable. But when I do, those funds will be well spent. Later, after I upgrade into the three’s and earnestly race with my future nemeses, it will be all worth it. I’m trying to figure out how to remove my Spine, but that is proving to be a formidable problem.

Look forward to having you all for dinner someday where items will include:

Strawberries
Zucchinis
Cucumbers
Tomatoes of all shapes and sizes
Bell Peppers
Dill
Thyme
Egg Plant
Carrots
Pumpkin (Which is really only getting planted so I can tell my favorite joke of all time all the time. What is somebody from Kentucky’s favorite holiday?…..Halloween. As in Pump-Kin.)

Hope you are well.

Johnny GrowFast

5 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

The best strawberry festival I've been to was the one on a corner in Richmond last week, when I bought two full flats from some enterprising young man. Thats 48 baskets o' berries to eat in about 5 days.
Maybe we can race for vegetables in October at EBCX?

4:44 PM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

resistance is futile

10:29 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

I went to a strawberry festival in 1976 and won two gold fish with my sister. One fish lived for 7 years, the other 15 years. That's a long time for gold fish, no? They didn't have names for the longest time, but after about 10 years we just called him "Gums".

7:58 AM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Gianni-
Just checking out the recent upgrades on the NCNCA site and did a backflip when I saw that you upgraded to three. Then I scrolled out and was bummed because I saw that it was for cross. Keep cracking, you and I both are going to launch out of the floundering 4's on the road before long. I haven't done the EBCX stuff for years. I did one race in Livenomore at a dump. Sucking down the methane gave me a headache for a week and left me with negative thoughts. I do all the Pilarcitos stuff, however. That Tom Simpson knows how to put on a race.

JS

8:38 AM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Tom Simpson- good dude, fun races.
The dump race is like no other, OV damn near lapped me the last time I wuz out there.
Are you racing the A's this year?

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home