Monday, July 17, 2006



Holy buckets, it's as hot as an oven out there. Sitting here at work after a two week layoff in the mountains and things are going surprisingly well. I'm actually fired up about some projects I have before me. But enough about that, I don't want to get carried away about what I have to do daily to do the things I really like to do. What? Must be off caffeine again as I'm not making sense.

Anyway, I was sitting here a little before lunchtime wondering if I really wanted to go work out. So I got this brilliant idea to flip a coin. If it came up heads, I'd go and stuff a burrito in my hole, if it came up tails, I'd go and workout. I flipped a quarter exactly once, and it came up heads. Woohoo, burrito here I come. But then I stopped and I asked myself one little question, "is Griff your bitch or not?" Well when it comes to CycleCross, he most definitely is, and the only way to keep him in my rearview mirror is to do the work. So despite winning the flip, I elected to kick and off to the gym I went. Running mind you. God I hate running. Later I'll will post an audio soundbite of people laughing at my shuffling running style. Threw some serious iron around in the gym. At one point, one of the 'roid freaks sneered in my direction as I blasted out eight reps on the bench press at 135lbs. Yeah, serious stuff to be sure. Cross is going to be full throttle this year, and I'm going to be ready. Until then stay cool. Unless your Griff, then stay BITCH!

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

un uh... you've been a prolific blogger with your return from vacation. You obviously missed it.

...maybe if I have a bad day and you a good day...

Rik Furburger? I see you're starting riders who are not even in the TdF anymore. It's not as fun for me if you don't even try. But I am laying some serious wood to you.

Always fun rolling with you. Keep it continue.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home