Friday, June 09, 2006


So I went out and played a little golf yesterday. I was in the Sacramento area on biz and decided to go play with a buddy at his course near Auburn. I shot a 96 which exactly tied my buddy. Interesting game, golf. You can tell a lot about a person if you play a round with them. I've played with some, that are so intense about their damn game, that they have no time for the social aspect of being out there together. I've played with others that have seriously questionable ethics. Not that I keep track of others scores or anything, but when I watch them pump a couple out of bounds and then card a six, I have to wonder. The crew yesterday was a fine bunch with equally high standards and socialability. As for how this translates to speed on the bike, I would have to say it does. I was working on my slow speed yesterday. When I started riding, I stopped golfing as the 96 will attest. I used to make sure that my rides did not take me past more than two courses in anyone ride. The thinking being, if I don't see the course, maybe it doesn't exist. Also, the best name ever invented to describe golf...Whack-Fuck.

Hope you are well.

Johnny GolfFast

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

A 96 and you lost the wiffle world series this weekend? Have you totally lost your skills? Better just stick with aerobic sports now or you'll suffer a darts loss next.

10:39 AM  
Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

The golf scorecard should be used for nothing more but the location of the snack shops....

I did compete in HS, but when in the Navy I learned the best game. It required a bag that had the room for a 12 pack of cans....

I found a new love for golf.....

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home