Thursday, July 27, 2006

Black Thursday with Landis being implicated. One can only hope that this is all a horrible mistake. Maybe his effort on that stage made his body produce some statistical anomalies. But like I always half jokingly say, they're all doped. I just stuck my head in the sand on this one due to his courageous ride. Beer my ass. Anyway, I'm done with that...for now. Onto something lighter shall we?



So I'm headed to the Santa Cruz Mountains (Felton to be specific) to camp and hang out this weekend. It's an annual thing where we ride Thomas the Tank Engine on Friday and then ride the train to the Boardwalk on Saturday to hang with the unwashed masses. The ride on Saturday is awesome as we snake our way down to the ocean through the redwoods. As we near the beach, we actually pass some authentic hobos. I think they call them crackheads now, but I tell my kids that they are the real deal. Griff brings his little ones with him along with his MILF, and I'll have my wife with me as well. It really is one of the better weekends of the year. By the way, I'll be on the Red Rocket and Griff will be on his TarSchmak if you bloggers in the area are interested. If there is a good local ride on Sat morning/Friday night, we'd be interested.

So this morning I'm riding into work and it becomes obvious that I left 15 seconds too late. I just barely missed every single light and had to stop a lot. It's weird how some mornings work out that way. Anyway, I was starting to get annoyed, but then my attitude totally changed. I started hammering off the line at every light that stopped me simulating the surge needed during the cross season. There's a lot of time to be made up by getting back up to speed after the remount or loose/tricky corner and I started to smile at my good fortune this morning. The Deity of your choice throw you lemons, so you mix up a batch of lemonade, right? With the vacation day tomorrow, I was four for four this week on riding to work. Nine days in a row for those of you at home keeping score. Hope you are well and talk to you soon.

Johnny GoFast

2 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

dag, we're up in the Sierras for geezer chumpships, otherwise ...


"ride the train to the Boardwalk on Saturday to hang with the unwashed masses"

hell yeah

2:47 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Have a great race! Catch you somewhere down the trail.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home