Friday, July 21, 2006


(I think I'll set this to country music)

Up ahead in the distance,
Just a slivering chance,
Dreams of a yellow jersey,
Lure him out there to dance.

All the mortals they cheer him,
An inspirational hand.
Nobody believes in him,
Or his breakaway plan.

The pedals they turnover,
Like they’ve never done before.
Nobody on his wheel,
Time to even the score.

He became a legend that day,
Though he’s not golden yet.
The courage he poured forth,
He will never regret.

Some men shrink when they’re standing,
That close to the abyss.
We can all learn something,
From the dreamer (this is getting changed to doper) Landis.


Did anyone else find themselves pedalling a little faster yesterday? What a great day. To top it off, I had my first cyclecross dream of the season last night. I was out on a training ride with Steve Ouzounian when we happened onto a race being put on by the Clif Bar team. Some Velo Bela's were there as well as some Luna Chic's, but I don't remember too many other people. The field was really thin, but I was first into the first corner where I promptly dug my front wheel into a mud bog. Made for a great ride into the rock pile this morning. By the way, I was five for five on the commute to work this week. This war isn't because of me. Have a great weekend.

Johnny GoFast

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Don't you think the Eagles will be pissed if you put that to country music instead of Hotel California?

good post.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Was the Velo Bella Hernando?

10:00 AM  
Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

this post rocks.

all of it.

10:10 AM  
Blogger biga said...

Are people really reading this stuff. Where's the Grossy?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home