Tuesday, May 30, 2006



Last month, we saw Johnny step into the new millenium by launching a blog. Comments since then:

"I didn't know you owned a computer." Bob Hathaway Chicago, Illinois

"Do you have a cell phone now?" Steve Griffiths Granite Bay, California

"Have you figured out how to change your VCR clock?" Pedro Delgado Roma, Italy

"What time's dinner?" Jeffrey Dahmer Sheboygan, Wisconsin

Anyway, to answer all of you, let's take this one step at a time. I've been eyeing digital cameras now for about a month. Coincidentally, I've been blogging for about a month now and I'm getting tired of stealing pictures and material from raceday photogs. Whatever camera I go with, will go with me to capture material for upcoming posts. So this post is about future posts. Progressive.

Speaking of racing, did the SJ Crits this Monday. Avoided a crash in the E4's and had to be thrown onto the course for the 35+ 4/5's race. Turns out I have a rare form of Crititis called Crashaphobia. My therapist says that it's not genetic and believed to be currable. We'll see. They said that about my gay friend Steve, and he struggles mightily. Thank God for the catholic church. Sprinted home for third in my best finish as a crit racer. God I hate crits. Tell me it gets easier and less scary as time marches on.

Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

Nice work, Mister Sprock. The reports I'm hearing make it sound like Celebrity Death Match out there. Way to survive.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dr. Xeno said...

With more crits, you grow tolerant of the fear, not the crashes. Grow strong and you stay up front away from most of them. Then upgrade for fewer crashes, but you'be behind them again. Cycle of life. Congrats to Jackson...

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home