Tuesday, January 23, 2007




Hey Gang-


Life is good. Got the camera up and going and I feel like a new man in a digital world. Been a while since we've last talked. That's me with my two biggest reasons to smile. I'm pretty certain that the photo was taken at Sea World when we were in San Diego a couple of weekends ago. Good times. To top it all off, we got to come home on the Shamu Southwest Airlines plane. There are things on my list of things to do list that I need to get done before I die. Some of which are never going to happen (slam dunk a basketball--although once when I was 25 I was able to crank down a tennis ball--could never get high enough to get the basketball crammed) but others are still attainable (shoot a round in the 70's, learn to play the guitar, stop world wide hunger, etc.). Anyway, the list only goes so deep, but if it went one spot deeper, riding the Shamu Airplane would definitely be on the list. Whenever I fly Southwest, I always hope that Shamu will pull up to my gate. A couple of times I've seen the plane at other gates and I've even contemplated trying to sneak onto that flight and go where ever it took me, but I never went through with it. So I almost did a back flip when I walked down the jetway and I peeked out one of the windows like I always do hoping beyond all hope. And there she was...the pantheon of all Southwest Boeing 737 jets. Shamu. My holy grail. I announced in utter excitement that we were getting to ride on Shamu. My kids got excited because of my enthusiasm, but then it dissipated as they became confused. I boarded the plane and when the stewardess greeted me I blurted, "this is one fine day. Getting to ride home on Shamu is a dream come true for me." She smiled but it faded pretty quickly and I realized she thought I was some kind of nut. She's not that wrong. Hope you are well and here's to hoping my stiff little fingers loosen up a bit.


Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home