Monday, January 29, 2007


Man, Friday was a crappy start to the weekend. In what can only be considered a sign of the times, I spent the better part of Friday afternoon shooting a television show called Color Splash that will air on HGTV sometime in the distant future. The guy to the left, David, won some reality show last season called Design Star. He beat out nine other contestants and now he has his own show where he comes into people's homes and decorates a room. We (or more accurately my wife) has picked the master bedroom. We got to talk on camera about what we like or don't like about the room and then we got to hear some initial ideas from David regarding what he wants to do with the room. Painful. My wife is into it, so I lumber along. They kept wanting me to offer input, but what is there to say? My wife likes French Country which means I like French Country. Do it up French Country. Later I had to do a one on one interview with the producer. They kept asking me if I was excited about meeting David to which I said "no". I confessed that I had never seen Design Star, could care less about decorating a bedroom and had no vision other than needing a dresser, bed and closet (I also threw something in there about preferring more of an early 1970's bachelor pad/passion pit kind of look but I'm sure that will hit the edit room floor). I am only in this because my wife is excited about it, which the producer seemed to love so we worked on polishing that theme in a reality television kind of way. They come back in February for two more days of filming and decorating. Anyway, you'll have to let me know how it turns out. I don't think I can stomach watching it. Thank goodness the station only airs in 10 households nationwide.

So it was by compar-ison, total aces this weekend. Drove up to Truckee on Friday night for more skiing with the boy this weekend. Tried again with the girl, but she's having none of it. Like a hot poker to the eye, she informed me that she is not interested at all in skiing. Patience is my middle name. I will get her out there and in time, she will love it. Took both kiddie winks for a hike on Sunday morning (the wife wasn't feeling well). We crunched through the snow finding frozen water and the remnants of a beaver dam. The little ones loved breaking the ice and walking through the deep snow. The air felt great. It's fun to be with them on activities like these as their little brains crank away at the new experiences. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

that's hilarious!

please post when it'll be on tv. i've never seen the show either nor heard of it, but i'd love to see it.

especially you talking about preferring the bachelor/passion pit.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Are you gay?

3:45 PM  
Blogger Clare Carver said...

we all KNOW john is gay.. come on.. he was a rower as one of his team mates said "the most homo-erotic sport out there" ...he likes the balet.. he wear's really tigh bike gear.. (that smells humm that part gives me a sliver of doubt) nead I say more.. : ) john you must get a copy on dvd so you can show your friends when we come visit : )

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home