Wednesday, January 24, 2007



What is it about exposing your kid to something you love and they take to it? Before the bike, I was first and foremost, a skier. I'd spend just about all my money, time and energy skiing or thinking about skiing. When my boy came along, I got him on ski's the first chance I could. He was almost three. I pushed him around on the snow at first, so I don't know if you can exactly call it skiing. Last year we ultimately progressed to the point that we rode the lift at Tahoe Donner a couple of times. This year, he's at it as if he's been doing it all his life (which is pretty close to the case). We went to the hill this past weekend and we rode the Snowbird lift. He calls it Herbert and I think I like that name better. To our right, as we ride up the lift, looms Eagle Rock. It's the big lift and services the tougher terrain at the resort. It features runs named The Face, The Bowl, Race Course, Hans Down, and Satan's Knee Snapper. Okay, the last one I made up. But anyway, after one trip up Herbert, the boy announced that he was ready for the Eagle Rock lift. Before I could push the panic button, he zoomed down the hill and straight for the big lift. The rest of the day, we never looked back. On Sunday, we skied from 10am until 3:30pm and the conditions were trying at best. Lots of wind and on the chillier side. It's pretty great going up the lift with him as he chatters away about other skiers, the last run, the fact that the chair is big enough for his sister and mother to join us, etc. I can't wait for the girl to get up to speed and I can get them both out there. I got her on ski's for the first time about two weeks ago and she's talking up a storm about doing it again this weekend. I'm jiggy at the thought. I've been all over the west skiing the best there is to offer. I never thought the best place to ski would be on a little hill in Truckee. Of course the company couldn't be better. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home