Monday, February 05, 2007


Went out to SF this weekend with the wife and kiddiewinks. Rode the cable cars up and down those San Francisco streets, toured some ships down at Fisherman's Wharf, visited the Aquarium and had lunch at Pier 39. I felt like I was a visitor from Iowa or something. The boy liked the ships and the girl liked the aquarium. I liked the cable car ride. Talked with the brakeman for a while who clearly loved his job. Stood on the back and told jokes to everyone and had his head on a swivel as we passed many a people. The wife liked the aquarium as well.
Got back out on the bike for the first time in about a week yesterday. Sat on the back of the team ride as I'm still a little bit under the weather. Was able to keep the heart rate down for the ride and it was good to be back out there with fellow Pegasaurus' many of them sporting the new kit. New this year is an orange splash that has many of the riders a bit in a twist. I like it if for no other reason than it looks like a half baked attempt to mimic the Sierra Nevada team uni. This will piss the Griffociraptor off which had me chuckling most of the ride.
Tomorrow I get on a plane to go do some skiing at Steamboat in Colorado. As far as mountain skiing goes, Steamboat kind of blows. If you hit it right and you've got the powder to ski, it could be pretty good. But most of the time, that mountain sits there like one big bunny slope. Why go then, you ask? Well click on www.steamboatpowdercats.com for the basic gist. I did this last year with my brothers and it kicked ass. Only my older brother can go this year and we're going to rip it up. We ski off of a powdercat in the back country. The runs aren't long but there is always plenty of powder and some of the runs are fairly challenging, either treed or cliffs to navigate and always plenty of powder. We're on the cat for three days with an option for a couple of days on the mountain. Hopefully the forecast will hold and it will snow all week. Either way, I'm going to be grinning from ear to ear. Life is good that's for sure. I'll be sure to think of you as I'm throwing myself down the mountain.
Johnny SkiFast

1 Comments:

Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

sometimes, tourist'in is fun.

sometimes.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home