Tuesday, April 03, 2007


Sure, Griff may have cat 3 huge legs but has he ever ripped a derailleur to shreds? Let me answer that...no. Probably has more to do with the fact that he's smooth like butter. My thrashing meathead style (EMC is collectively nodding their heads) probably had more to do with the dismantling of my derailleur than anything else, so I shouldn't brag.


So I've decided to bag the whole geared thing. Took my latest single speed out for it's maiden voyage today in the Walnut Creek Open Space. Recall that the Titanium (strongest metal known to man--and virtually unbreakable unless your super human strong) frame ended up cracked so I had the parts switched over to this black beauty. Thinking that it was a Tuesday and all and in the middle of the day, I planned to ride a lot of the single track that is off limits to us dope smokin', goatee wearin', bohemian, one geared hipaphonics. I guess I didn't factor in that the economy is roaring and the weather is beautiful, so I found out that there were a lot more people out and about. You know what they say, no derailleur...no brain. Anyway, I did manage to sneak in a Fenceline and Deer Trail. If you know the Open Space and you've never heard of these trails, it's because they don't exist on any map. They're secret. Now normally I wouldn't do anything wrong or illegal, but I signed the tax form last night and I kind of feel like the money I just handed the Gov. bought me those trails. I know that's not the way it works and it's just a half baked way of justifying wrongness, but like I said...no derailleur, man. If you ever want to go out there, let me know, the trails are pretty good in a Walnut Creek kind of way.

I'll leave you with a little of my video prowess.

Johnny GoFast

4 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

that made me dizzy.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

sneak trails are the best trails..

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the bad ole days I used to enjoy similar trails on Mt. D. The thought of having our friend Ranger C (aka nicest guy in the peleton) catch me kind of took all the fun out of it - now I'm a fire road cruiser.

Stealth Reader

8:26 PM  
Blogger duncanjr said...

lotglol!

d.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home