Friday, December 07, 2007



Hey Gang, kind of a potpourri for you today. When image searching for today's blog, I came across the two photos. I put the words Chilean Sea Bass into the googlator and up came these photos. Couldn't help but chuckle at the startling similarities. I know this isn't suppose to be some political blogidiotic platform (by my own rules only), but it definitely got me chuckling. Do you think AlGore knows that this is happening? Doesn't he practically own Google with all that stock they handed him to be on the board? Seems to me somebody could be getting fired because of this situation. And when the heck is he going to jump into the race? The field is gasping and I think he'd win in a runaway. Again, enough about that.

I was doing a Sea Bass search in the first place, because the girl likes to use that to describe chilly weather. She gets it from me as I like to say, "it's Chilean Sea Bass out there, so cover up." I'm sure I used to be like you and say it was cold which morphed into chilly which morphed into Chilean which became Chilean Sea Bass. Somewhere along the way, the girl picked up on it and now I'm certain she'll raise her hand in school one day in response the the teachers inquiry, "can anyone tell me what the description for the weather is in the winter time? Maile?" Once corrected, I'm sure she'll sit there totally confused and betrayed by her own father who imparted such idiotic phrases into her absorbent head. I just wish I could be there to see the teachers face.

Speaking of Chilean Sea Bass, rode with the Griffociraptor yesterday at the Granite-Bay-Ride-Up-to-Auburn-in-Pouring-Down-Rain-for-Moderate-Climbing-Repeat-Worlds. Three hours including a flat repair and I was waterlogged and shivering. At one point I came up along side Griff and said that this was the definition of miserable. After a long pause he said, "the definition of miserable would be exactly the same but riding alone." True that.

Did a little light shopping this lunchtime over at REI. Scoped out some stuff for my older brother that he may be Jonesing for. He's got designs on doing some more back country skiing type stuff this winter which means he probably will be dragging my ass around out there as well. I looked at shovels and avalanche probes knowing that this type of stuff is required when out of the safety of avalanche controlled resorts. But then I realized that if I get him the probe, who am I really buying that for? If he's using the probe it's because he's not the one buried which means that he'd probably be probing for me. This presents some basic ethical questions regarding the gifts you buy for people at Christmas if the present benefits you more that the recipient.. I passed as I really need to meditate on this a bit more.

Be seeing you out at the Pilarcitos Coyote Point race this weekend. Racing to not embarrass myself. In a complete and total quirk, I will have toed the line for every Pilarcitos race. I qualify for the perfect attendance award, I think, even though my attendance at the finish is one for four as of today. If I can finish on Sunday, make it an even two for the series. Pathetic. Anyway, hope the prize is good because it's getting regifted to the wife. I have no ethical questions regarding regifting Pilarcitos prizes to the wife for Christmas. Shocking, I know. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

5 Comments:

Blogger dblrider said...

Johnny: Crossing my fingers for you that you'll attend the start AND finish of the race this Sunday. You going to Livermore on Saturday? There should be a good crowd for the District Championships...and it's practically in your back yard.

Ken

3:02 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Ken-
Thanks for the vibe. I need all I can get. Nocango to the Livermore deal. Racing is in the toilet, weight is approaching obesity, and I've got a long pass for Sunday. I'm staying late at the Pilarcitos deal to drink beer, watch the eliter's rub elbows, and drink beer. Wait a minute...I think I know where the extra weight is coming from. Ask me if I care.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

How did the Pilarcitos Worlds go?

Thanks for dragging me out on Thursday!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

She-ite, I'm working up to a total of 10 hours of heart poundage for the past 3 weeks... that's including the 8 hours of safari at MalaMala within petting distance of a leopard (why wasn't my hand and face tore off?), spitting distance of a lion pride feasting on giraffe, also spittin' distance of water buffalo, live giraffe (vs. the one getting mauled by 8 cubs, 3 mommas, and one daddy), hyena, impala, kudu, and other wild animals who have for some reason decide to ignore the blokes in an uncovered land rover snapping pictures and eyelids upon their arrival.

We're all takin' the kids in 7 years so mark your calendars.

Anyway, lookin' to get another half hour in this week somewhere between Paris, Munich, Croatia, London, and Moraga. It's less the getting heavy that concerns me than the feeling I am churning my muscles into a nice, buttery fat. Hope the wifeage finds that sexy.

A valuable tip I realized from research in South Africa... both Castle and another beer that sounds suspiciously like Winter Hook are quite tasty in mass volume, as is a local liquer called Amarula. Later in the week our safari guide informed me that Castle in shite and Winter Hoek is the bomb. So I drank some of the WH and Amarula with him and Marka-the-guide on some rock formation at sunset that seemed to be the best place in the area for Lions to hang out. It was later that I learned the lions of this area were in a race with the maggots to see who would get the most of a downed giraffe.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REI suggestion box item: sell those avalanch probes in pairs to avoid ethical dilemnas...and sell more product, of course.

Oz - isn't it technically spelled "shiite" not "she-ite". To better to stir up ethnic and religious tension while skirting firewalls?

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home