Monday, January 07, 2008


There is any host of reasons why I missed the Wells Fargo nee Pegasaurus team meeting last night. Sure I had just returned from skiing in the mountains. Sure my legs were shot from two glorious days skiing untracked pow that came after skiing almost daily with the kiddiewinks for the week just prior. Sure I was still giddy at the thoughts of how both my kids have progressed in their skiing ability. The boy now skiing with poles and the girl riding chairlifts and shredding her Luv Bug ski's screaming "I'm a little ripper" as she drops blue square runs at the ripe old age of four. Sure I could go on about how last night was election night and it's pretty much a communist type slate and that my vote counts little when there is only one candidate that will run/wants/is obligated to be president. I could go on about how I was more hungry than interested at 7pm last night or that maybe I was just too lazy to get back in my car and drive the two long miles down to Danville.

But the truth of the matter is that I did want to go. I wanted to see everyone and meet the new recruits and hear from some of the new sponsors that are supporting us this year in our total annihilation of everything Sierra Nevada/Bikes Plus related. I wasn't too tired and my legs didn't hurt that badly. The truth of the matter is that right before I was going to step out of the house, my wife laughed out loud at my 10 day old growth of stubble on my face. Suddenly the thought of Pat the Pegasaurus (now openly soliciting a new nickname due to the main sponsor change in
'08), Mike VoMonster, PaulCarterPresident, J-Dub etal mocking me was too much to take. So instead of manning up and walking into the room as if I was bearded like Chuck Norris or even new recruit Reed Maxwell, I grabbed a good book and curled up under the covers where I felt safe from this cruel world. So mock me if you will, but please let if be because I'm a coward and not for facial hair or lack there of. Anyway, hope you are well and be kind to one another.

Johnny GrowFaster

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger jdub-sama said...

That's one excuse you will never get from me. Not because I am man enough to walk into a room of spandex wearing cyclists with my 10 day growth. No, it is more because my 10 day growth will not warrent any attention. Tony Homey is sporting the beard now so you would fit right in. You have been missed my friend. Sounds like you weathered the big snow storms then took advantage of it. Bravo. You will need to get caught up on the latest craze in cycling nutrition: Structured Water. Who would have thunk water needs to be in a hexagonal formation to squeeze into your muscle tissue. The good news is, our new sponsor Base Sports Nutrician has a product that make the water fit into our muscle tissue. It's going to be a great year.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why note go for Bearded Clam?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Two words, and they rhyme with
"Fricken Fit".
LOL

But I offer no sympathy because as tired and burnt out as I have been for some of our team meetings, I have been at everyone since the first one in November of 2003.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, now I get the Wells Fargo reference - on my first read, I thought you were being ironic! I'll miss the winged horse and the 'Peggy' nickname we had for ya... will work on a new one for the new sponsor. Will the kit have picture of horse drawn cash wagon?
Dr. X signed in as wife Laura

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home