Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So what is up with this stuff? Supposed to be the "perfect water". As if water could be perfect. It's water, for crying out loud.

Seems that this stuff is the new snake oil. I have been accosted twice by two different "reps" for this stuff. The first was at the ice cream store as I was taking the kiddiewinks for a treat. Some guy with eyes set way too close together came up to me and said he recognized me from the House of Pain rides on Saturday morning. I do the ride, no doubt, but the fact that he recognized me left me a bit skeptical. I have a hard time recognizing myself with my helmet and sunglasses on. Anyway, he produced a bottle of this magic juice and told me in a hushed down tone, that the secret is that the water is oxygenated. He then proceeded to put me through some routine tests before a sip of the water and then after I had a sip, he put me through the tests again. I was polite and admitted that I felt a huge difference, though I hadn't noticed anything. He asked for my number and I gave him my fake phone number that I give to anyone I don't know so he could follow up with me at a later point to see if I wanted to buy a greater supply. I gave the rest of the sample to my boy on the way home from the ice cream store as he was thirsty and then I forgot about the stuff until yesterday.

So I'm kitted up and just putting on my shoes last night here at the rock pile, when out of nowhere a guy with barely a chin approaches with some line about me riding for Wells Fargo. Not a big leap to figure that out as I'm standing there in all my Fargonadedness, but I politely say that I ride for the team. With that, he produces another bottle of the Perfect Water and goes on and on. I cut him short, grab the sample and say that I've heard the pitch about the oxygenated water. He gave me his card and asked me to call him to follow up. I rode up Diablo last night doing muscle tension intervals while alternating between my regular water and the Perfect Water. I'm happy to report that I had a great workout and my legs felt great through the six intervals. My legs feel good again today...so maybe I'm hooked. But I've been addicted to placebo's in the past, so this is nothing new. I'm now out of the Perfect Water so no doubt, the withdrawals will set in. And if today's workout turns out to be a dud, I'll be sold. Be weary folks, there seems to be a growing tide of people lurking in the shadows trying to get us junkied up on water. Be very weary.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

You should ask them to sponsor you guys! You'd be so fast. I hear it has the same effect as sleeping in an altitude tent.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Griff-
I knew there was a reason I loved you.
W

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, out here in Minnesota the area code is 952. Juxtapose that 925 area code and viola, Im getting voicemails from some freak asking me questions about our encounter at the ice cream store. Kind of creepy, but makes sense now. Also explains all those random middle aged women with husky voices calling me at late hours to see where I went after I left Elliots.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home