Monday, September 15, 2008

So I took "Project Johnny" up to Folsom to do some efforts on the mountain bike. Here it is the middle of September and it's the first time I've raced on my mountain bike in 2008. Pretty pathetic. And here's a little something I forgot in that time off of the bike, MOUNTAIN BIKE RACING REALLY HURTS! I mean like leave you muttering to yourself in a crumpled heap on the finish line. Like a battered shell of a human being gone wiggy from the sensory overload of the oncoming terrain at a pace entirely too fast for comfort. Like a full body crush job inflicted by no one other than yourself. Ouchola.

Anyway, it was a two event stage race, though that seems a few short of really being anything more than what it was (short time trial on Friday evening followed by a cross country race on Saturday). I took second in both and, hold your breath, second overall. By the end they were calling me up to the podium as "Mr. Bridesmaid". Not a lot of folks racing, but the event itself was fun. I did it for the intensity and it was nice to be out racing again. Next weekend I take myself down to the CCCX race to get a refresher on how painful cross can be if done correctly. Beats the alternative. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

Nice job out there-
lot's of different things to do in cycling this time of year and they all are fun.

Hope to see you down at the Fort tearing it up.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home