Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So when is a crack really a crack? Upon further review, the Rudy's Project helmet that was atop my noggin on Sunday apparently did suffer from the crash festival that broke out during my last lap. As I rode a moderate pace up the newly paved SouthGate Road on Diablo today at lunchtime, I noticed (as my helmet was draped over my bars--I know what you're thinking and I know that it should be on my head at all times--but I was going uphill very slowly) what looked like a small crack on the back of the lid. So I stopped and inspected further and low and behold, it's certainly cracked. But not all the way through and I couldn't find any others. Now my boy up in Oregon--goes by the name of Brian Marcy--would probably tell you that partly cracked is not totally cracked and therefore good to go. My boy in Folsom who can beat me would probably tell you that if you've got a cracked head, put a cracked helmet on it. Further, some of the letters on the side of it jumped ship on Sunday as well. So now it just says, R..y Pr.ject. No doubt there's a U, D, & O out on the trail side somewhere happy to be done with me and that helmet. Anyway, don't know what to do. Could be residual damage left over from the crash that is leaving me indecisive. Hope you know.

Johnny GoFast

6 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

i can't believe you admitted to having your helmet on your handlebars - that it wasn't on your head.

tsk, tsk.

that's all i have to say.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Clare Carver said...

do you love your wife and kids??? - then BUY A NEW HELMET DAMITT --

big love from the wife of

"partly cracked is not totally cracked and therefore good to go"

11:56 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Epoxy Putty.

If it's in the wings on the back I would say that's cool and what I did to my stinky Bell that I can't wait to replace.......

If it's in the vicinity of a truly head- saving spot- though- do something cool with it as it dies a spectacular death, perhaps sporting clays?
Diablo on a Tuesday afternoon going up is a great time to savor the wind in the locks.....

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you actually admit to not wearing your helmet where I could read it?

Busted!

Wife

12:58 PM  
Blogger Clare Carver said...

Beautiful!! snagged by your wife now go buy a new helmet dammit! what are you 22?.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uphill at your speed? Zero risk.

Glad to see you're back in the saddle.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home