Thursday, November 20, 2008

I may not have a mother anymore, but thank (insert the deity of your choice here) I do have Morgan Fletcher. I'm not a big fan of going to the doctor. They usually say things like, "you'll have to rest that" or "you have cancer." Just not a big fan of hearing stuff like that so I keep those doctors squarely in my blind spot. But my hip is in about the same shape as it was on Sunday morning, though it's all sorts of different colors now but not as swollen. I tried to ride (failing some sort of IQ test, no doubt) on Tuesday and it hurt just about the whole time. It doubly hurt if I had to go up any kind of incline. I could apply zero pressure with the left leg due to the sharp pain it would send into the left hip. So now, with the urging of Morgan, I'm signed up to go see my orthopod. I did something similar to my hip about 10 years ago and had to go on blood thinners. The doctor told me that it would have been bad to have skipped out on taking them because the internal bleeding could have resulted in blood clots or the calcification of the blood into a hard bone like substance. Ick. I guess I'm just hoping it's not that serious and that he tells me I can keep on riding and that it will be much better tomorrow. Still have some racing to do and the thought of it all being over sends a tear down my cheek. Oh the cruelty of that siren called bike racing. No doubt I'll be back on tomorrow with news of my doctor visit.

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

gah. let us know how it goes.

i didn't realize how injured you were when we were chatting saturday night.

hope it's all ok. you can't stop now - you're killing it out there (when you don't flat).

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home