Monday, November 17, 2008


Number of times crashed on Saturday night? Correct answer is four yet only one was pilot error. The first was the result of a teammate banging into somebody in front of him I think. If you saw two Fargonads trying to disassemble their joined bikes, I hope you kept your snickers to yourself.

Number of feet on the ground when they blew the whistle to start the race? Correct answer is two. As we all know, you need to have one foot on the ground at the start of the race (per the rules). Though a poor strategy, I thought it would be cool to be doubly in compliance.

Number of different bikes raced on Saturday night? This one is a trick question. Technically, the answer is two. But really the correct answer is two plus a little. I had to go to the back up bike after I crashed into a downed rider and inadvertently peeled off the tubular from the front wheel. Later, when again I was unable to avoid smacking a crashed rider in the same spot, I peeled off the back tire on the back up bike. (Heck, maybe it was the same rider who failed to get up the first time--I saw Tom's email about the scarcity of litter left about the venue but nothing about downed racers. Please people, if you know of anyone that didn't come home from that crazy race, please get in touch with your local authorities. Time could be of the utmost importance). So I ran to the pit, yet again, and did the old switcheroo/cannibalized routine with what I had (for the love of Pete, where the hell is McGyver when you need him).

Number of beers post race? Toughest question on the board. Correct answer: A lot.

Number of Advil popped since hitting the pavement at the start of the start/finishing straight? 16.

Next scheduled race? Districts on Sunday.

Probability of making it to the next scheduled race? Zero. Having a hard time walking. My right foot is in serious pain today as is the right hip. Contemplated having the wifeage collect my crutches that I keep at the rock pile yesterday. I chose to not move from my house instead hobbling about like a wounded vet.

Anyway, thanks for taking the quiz. I really did have a great time on Saturday night, and despite my follies, felt I was really cooking out there at times. Special thanks to all the people that stuck around to cheer for us and to my teammates who made the effort to get out to one of these things. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny,

You made us all proud. Everyone was wondering why you were so far back on the first lap - you're starting to get a reputation! You're a total stud for hanging in.

Paul

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home