Monday, December 08, 2008

Rrrrrriiiiinnnggggg!?!

Johnny GoFast: Hello?

Wifeage: What are you doing?

JGF: Working. Well, that and writing a blog about yesterday.

Wifeage:(Kind of a sighing and groaning noise) About what now?

JGF: I'm writing about how you brought to my attention that I need to change up the routine and train harder if I want to get faster next year. How I was sitting there reflecting on a pretty good cross season and how you did a Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka on me from the third turnbuckle about how I need to work harder to get faster.

Wifeage:(More groaning and now very audible) You asked. Besides and more importantly, don't you worry about how that will make me look? You always make me look like I'm some sort of hard ass.

JGF: I think people see you as the wind beneath my wings. You make me better. That you must be incredibly patient with an incredible sense of humor to put up with me and my shenanigans. I think the women reading this can relate to you because they go through all the same gyrations with their men folk. The men can relate to you because they think all women are slightly nuts and you must be slightly-nutsier to hang out with me.

Wifeage: I think people see me as too harsh on you. And I don't like being referred to on your blog as The Wifeage. Do you know that people come up to me all the time and introduce themselves to me and then call me The Wifeage? These are people I've never met and they seem to know a great deal about me. I'm already the kids Mom...I don't need another anonymous moniker to go by.

JGF: Then Chieko it will be from now on.

Chieko: Not the point! I'm not certain I want to be in your blog at all. It doesn't have to do with how you refer to me. It has to do with how you make me seem.

JGF: Can I blog any of this, because this is really a great conversation.

Wifeage: Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

JGF: And don't give me anymore writers block. Keeping this blog going is difficult enough. If I can't share the inner workings of my mind and my relationship with you to all of my public, I might not have anything else to say.

Wifeage: Hallelujah to that. Besides, Griff hasn't posted anything in like a year.

JGF: My readers demand more.

Wifeage: You're readers need to get a life. What were you going to blog specifically?

JGF: How we were cruising across the San Mateo and more or less rhetorically I wondered aloud what I needed to do to get more competitive and how you started in on me about training more efficiently and trying a different training bloc to get more pop. Of course I'll add the part where I don't get to suck more time up for training than that that I already use. Simple, clean, I think you'd look very supportive.

Wifeage: I can only imagine. E-mail it to me first so I can review it and make sure you aren't making me out to be a battle axe...again.

JGF: Oh that's a strong idea. Maybe you can add to it. Maybe this whole blog thing can become a collaborative effort. I think we'd leave them rolling in the aisles.

Wifeage: I think they'd just leave. E-mail me the thing and I'll let you know if it's safe to post.


And so I did, and she gave it the stamp, and that's the end of the story and my Monday race report for Coyote Point and the season. Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast with contributing edits by the Wifeage

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats sooo weak. You've not got anything to write so you post this BS?

Where have all the original ideas gone?

Huh, this is the last time I read your blog.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, so the wifeage gets a name change because she doesnt want to be known as wifeage to all those who read your blog. She must think pretty highly of us to want to come off in a positive light. No, wait, I need to "get a life". At first blush, I thought, this is the last time I read your blog too. But Im not falling for that, it would play right in to her strategy of killing this thing! Carry on!

11:18 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

training is for sissies.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Wonder said...

YOU both rock, keep blogging...great teamwork!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Oz said...

Did I miss your blog entry on Coyote Point? Where'd that go?

Camp Oz has been quarantiened due to the entire family coming down with a contagious and vertically threatening virus. To make matters worse, we're seeking federal funds to bail out the backyard landscaping project. Either way I was unable to show my face in public.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home