Monday, December 15, 2008

My mother used to say that there was nothing she wouldn't do for any of us. And that when I had kids of my own, I would understand. This weekend was one of those moments she was talking about. We signed the kiddiewinks up for a ski team at Alpine Meadows. They will work with the same coach every weekend between now and the middle of April. The boy is pretty solid on his ski's and what he lacks in form he makes up for with desire. The girl, though a little more tentative, has the better form of the two. They are in different groups to suit each kids style at this point. It's a lot to get them moving in the right direction, slogging their equipment up to the hill, getting them booted and bundled up. But they both loved it and can't wait for more. That's pretty satisfying.

I got to make a few runs myself. At one point I found myself going up the chair with a member of the Jamaican Ski Team. They have chosen Alpine Meadows as their "home" hill for training this year. So I'm sitting there and about a million things are rattling through my brain on what to ask this guy. (I kept coming back time after time to wanting to know if he knew the Jamaican/Wendy joke. You know...There's this guy who is in a fantastic relationship with this girl named Wendy. Everything is great except for the fact that Wendy is a little insecure. So she convinces her boyfriend to tattoo her name to his penis. And so he does but when he is flaccid, all it says is W-Y. So one day our hero is in the bathroom and this large black man comes in and the boyfriend can't help himself and has a peek at the feller's penis to...well...you know...see if it's true about what they say. To his horror, he sees that the man has a W-Y on his penis as well. Naturally the boyfriend is upset fearing that Wendy has been cheating on him with this guy. So while they're washing their hands at the sink, the boyfriend turns to the fellow and says, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that you have a W-Y tattooed to your penis. By any chance does that say Wendy?" The large black man, while suppressing a throaty belly chuckle replied, "no, no, no mon, it don't say Wendy...It say 'Welcome to Jamaica mon, and have a nice day!'" But then I thought about what the wifeage might say if I asked him that and I just asked him about his training and stuff. I know, big yawn. Anyway, hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure the wifeage is now safely past thinking about being called the wifeage and being seen in a negative light by your loyal readers. But after she reads the last two posts, probably redoubling her efforts to try and kill this bloggin thing out her embarassment by association.

However, these posts are the reason fans like me tune in.

Bravo, mon.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Wonder said...

Oh geesh....goofball. Nice one.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Clare Carver said...

ahh johnny never change : )

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, new years resolution to not blog?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Mah Brotha mah brotha, the last I see of you is limping off a lawn in Watsonvile?

Us readers need our Go-man on a regular basis!

Good racing this year out of you, Project Johnny was ascreaming success I think.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home