Tuesday, September 12, 2017

If  You Talk to People, People Talk


Hey all, hope you are well.  So a strange thing happens when you actually open your mouth and engage with the guy next to you.  Seriously, that person, right next to you as you read this is a real person with real life experiences. Put down your iPhone or iTablet or iPopsicleStick and ask him his name.  You might be surprised.

So it turns out that the guy next to me on my Southwest flight to San Diego is from Richmond.  I asked if he played football and he said, "yes".  I asked him if ever played against Pops Mitchell out of El Cerrito and he lit up.  Pops was kind of a big deal about the Bay Area and the stories started to fly.  We both chuckled when I said I'm pretty sure Pops had me wearing my own ass for a hat.  Anyway, we moved on and when I asked my new found buddy if he played in college he said he played at Utah State. As it turns out, I rowed with a guy whose brother was an offensive lineman for Utah St. And so I threw the name and he said, "Greg is my kind of people" and I chuckled and thought it's a small world.
 
This came on the heels of a bike race I did earlier that day.  Didn't go well but I had a fantastic workout none the less..
 
As you can see, I'm racing the A bike and yet it was not performing all that well.  I kept dropping the chain or getting chain suck (which is never fast) and it got pretty frustrating to say the least.  But I kept at it despite every Cross Racer imaginable stoving my head in.  It's how it is no matter how it goes.  You bobble even one iota and there is someone there ready to kick the ever living shit out of you.
 
But it's all to the good.  Hope you are well and happy and living the dream.  Headed to Iowa soon to race in a big league race.  Pre-season is just about over.  It's getting real.  Hope you are smiling as always. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home